- Textile design by artist Angela Muritu
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Colors: Blue, dark green, purple
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. This print was designed by visual artist, Angela Muritu, based in Nairobi, Kenya. Angela specializes in the fields of print design, painting, printmaking, graphic design, stained glass, sculpture, and 3D design.
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- JEJo E.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 weeks agoGreat dress, as always
It was a stretch, budget-wise, but I really wanted to grab a Daybreak before they’re all gone. I sized up from my usual Zuri small (I wear large or even XL in other U.S. brands) because I knew I wanted to belt it anyway and saw reviews that mentioned this one runs tight in the arms. Fits great! 💜🖤FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JHJeanine H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 65+Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 months agoLove it!
This is a wonderful dress! It packs well, washes easily and also easy to iron. That says a lot since I hate ironing! And I love the deep pockets!
I know that I will get a lot of wear out of this and I'm looking to treat myself to another very soon.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BHBrittany H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 25 - 34Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 months agoColour-changing Beauty
I love this dress! I joke that it is like a mood ring, as the colours look different in various lighting. In cool light, the blue accents make the purple look more blue, and in warm light, the dark green and the red tones of the purple are more obvious. The upper arms of this dress were a bit tighter than other dresses I have of the same size, but it is still a favorite in my books.FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2ZZuri2 months ago
Hi Brittany! Thank you so much for your review! We're sorry to hear about the sleeves and we'd love to get a little more detail from you. I've just sent you an email from email@example.com. Thank you!
- AAnnetteVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars2 months agoNice!
My Monday dress.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- GVGabriella V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 3 stars1 month agoLoved it but…
Pattern was gorgeous, but as per other reviewers, arms were way too tight. This is my second Zuri dress and the first didn’t have this problem in the same size, it fit perfect! Fingers crossed for my next one cuz there WILL be a next one.FitRated -2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2ZZuri1 month ago
Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing this feedback with us -- I know you're not alone here! I've passed your message along to the founders and the product development team. In the meantime, we have reduced our QA tolerances and put measures in place at the factory level to ensure much better size consistency and adherence to the measurements listed on our size chart. This change was made last month, so while most of our current dresses should still be the correct measurements, this change will be fully effective starting with the dresses released last week.
I hope this helps and if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know.