- Textile design by artist Angela Muritu
- 100% cotton African wax print kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Colors: Blue, dark green, purple
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Nina is 5'4 and wears an XS
- Louise is 5'5 and wears a M
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. This print was designed by visual artist, Angela Muritu, based in Nairobi, Kenya. Angela specializes in the fields of print design, painting, printmaking, graphic design, stained glass, sculpture, and 3D design.
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- YYYvonne Y.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 days agoMagic Time in a Dress
I have always treasured daybreak, whether I was returning home in a taxi after a long night of intoxicating romance, waking up ever so slightly, only to cuddle down in my duvet to enjoy another hours rest before my day began or finding the slow transition of the sky's light to be so relaxing as I fed one of my babies. This dress perfectly captures the comforting nuances and magic of this special time of day.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- EFEleonor F.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoBest colour combination!
I just love it! It puts me in a 80s vibe! Light fabric, great for the summer!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- KBKristyn B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased MUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoRock and roll
I go between a small and medium and got a medium for this one. The colors remind me of 80s acid rock so makes me feel like a rockstar!FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- GGlenysVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoLet it Shine Shine Shine!
Never ever thought I would wear green, but Daybreak is WOW! The very subtle dark green was a pleasant surprise (with thanks to the wonderful Inja). And, of course, there is purple. LOVE this dress. Cue Barry Manilow every time: “Said it's daybreak, if you'll only believe, And let it shine, shine, shine All around the world.”FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- ABAndrea B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoUnderstated beauty
This one almost escaped my notice but glad it didn’t as it’s a beauty. Thanks to the team for sorting out some issues and sorting an exchange. It’s much appreciated.FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2