- Textile design by artist Shadé Akanbi
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven, printed and stitched in Kenya
- Color notes: turmeric, black, white, fuchsia
- Button fastening through front
- Functional, hidden pockets
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Care: Machine wash cold with like colors
- Color notes: Black & white
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Shadé Akanbi. Raised in the Bay Area, Shadé credits her Nigerian-American upbringing and extensive international travels as her main creative influences for designing. Now based in Brooklyn, Shadé is the Creative Director and Designer of Printed Pattern People and it's a true joy to be able to share her work with you!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- MJMelissa J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 weeks agoReading Rainbow
I fell in love with this print when I first saw it but passed on it because I didn't think the yellow would work for me. After seeing pics of it on many other people with a variety of skintones, I decided to try it out, but sadly, it had sold out in my size. Several weeks later, there was a small popback and I grabbed one. I'm so glad I did! Yellow is a tough color for me, but this shade manages to fit in the narrow window of yellows that don't make me look sallow. As a bonus, there's a subtle underlay of color in the yellow, visible in my pic (a hint of green and orange), that gives depth to the base color.
(Note: the fabric feels slightly lighter-weight than Zuri's typical kitenges; maybe closer to the batik texture. Also different from most other Zuris, the print on this one looks different on the inside of the dress than the outside. You can see a hint of it in the outturned collar in my pic.)FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CPConstance P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5' And UnderAge Range 35 - 44Size Purchased XXSUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoCute!
Perfect for PTA and other school activities!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- GTGail T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5' And UnderAge Range 65+Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoRetired teacher here!
I love the cheerful colors, and what could be better than books, books, books!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MHMuriel HenriquezVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoSUPERB!!!
A Stunning print, one of my absolute favorite prints. This is such a Fun Joyful print that makes me feel Vibrant. Comfortable and Stylish.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SNSimonetta N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoLove, love, LOVE this one!
This new Zuri dress (10th in my growing collection) arrived just in time for me to wear at the opening of our art exhibition at the Writer’s Grotto in San Francisco… Rave success, everyone there wants one!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2