- Textile design by artist Shadé Akanbi
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven, printed and stitched in Kenya
- Color notes: turmeric, black, white, fuchsia
- Button fastening through front
- Functional, hidden pockets
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Care: Machine wash cold with like colors
- Color notes: Black & white
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Shadé Akanbi. Raised in the Bay Area, Shadé credits her Nigerian-American upbringing and extensive international travels as her main creative influences for designing. Now based in Brooklyn, Shadé is the Creative Director and Designer of Printed Pattern People and it's a true joy to be able to share her work with you!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- SNSimonetta N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars12 hours agoLove, love, LOVE this one!
This new Zuri dress (10th in my growing collection) arrived just in time for me to wear at the opening of our art exhibition at the Writer’s Grotto in San Francisco… Rave success, everyone there wants one!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- KBKathy B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased LUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 hours agoBeauty and Brains
This dress fit perfectly. It stood up to the Phoenix heat and stood out at our booksellers conference. I received compliments all day.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- MTMargo T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5' And UnderAge Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size 2XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 days agoLibrary chic
Can't wait to wear this to storytime at my library! I think the audience will get such a kick out of the flying books! My daughter called it "library chic"!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- MMarionVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars3 weeks agoThis print is everything.
I want this print in more colors, please. Maybe a cobalt blue with lime books?
I’m a huge reader, my favorite place in the world is any place I can curl up with a book and a cat.
More clothes need books and pockets.Was this helpful?
- SShelleyVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 month agoThis Dress is EVERYTHING!!!!
So, I am a Zuri Frequent Flyer and I want you to know that the Reading Rainbow dress made me dance with joy whenI took it out of the package. The colors are perfectly vibrant and the dress drew lots of compliments. This is now my new favorite!!!Was this helpful?