- 100% cotton African wax print kitenge, printed and stitched in Kenya
- Colors: orange, purple, white
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
- Nina is 5'7" and wears an XS
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
This fabric was woven, developed and printed in Kenya by Chomba and his team.
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- MGMichaeline G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Size Purchased XLUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoNew addition to my rainy day collection.
Snagged this beauty during a restock & it does not disappoint. Beautiful dress with beautiful colours! The perfect pick me up on a rainy day. What’s not to like?FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SSheilaVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased SUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars10 months agoThe Sun Never Sets on this Gorgeous Dress!
I had had my eyes on this burst of sunshine from the first time I looked at Zuri, but hesitated for months because I thought I could only take a size M, when in fact size S fits my size 10 petite frame like a glove (I belt my Ms). Once I made that happy discovery with Fantasia, I didn't wait any longer to order this fabulous frock. I have included photos taken both indoors and out to show just how vivid and rich the plum and pumpkin hues are, with red and white accents. If you take size S or XS, don't let the sun set before your grab yours!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JJuliaI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoSO MANY COMPLIMENTS!
LOVE this dress! It is so flattering on my short and Covid-curvy body, and unbelievably comfortable. As advised in the Insert, washed it a few times to get rid of the initial stiffness of the fabric, and while it isn't exactly flow-y, it is soft and lays well when I sit. The print is vibrant and just plain makes me happy. I'm about to order another Zuri dress, which should tell you what I think about the cut and quality: great!
- MHMuriel H.I recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoSPECTACULAR FOR SUMMER!
From the 1st time I got a glimpse of this from one of my Tote bags, I knew the minute it came out I had to have it. The Design and Colors are like a painting...absolutely Gorgeous.
- SSarahI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoPerfect for Summer
This was a total impulse buy for me, but both the unique combination of orange, purple, and red, and the pattern gave this dress a very retro look. I liked the 60s feel of the dress, so I ordered it, and I'm very happy to say that it's as vibrant in person as it appears online! Truly the perfect dress for the summertime :)