This dress is effervescent!
Note: Louise is 5'5" and wears a M, Nina is 5'7 and wears an XS, and Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: indigo background with light pink and purple design
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- KYKitty Y.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars10 hours agoI love Zuri and I love purple!
Your dresses fit beautifully and the prints are gorgeous, this latest dress makes 25 Zuri dresses in my closet!! I haven’t worn my newest one yet, but here is a photo of the one I wore on Friday:
Aloha from Hawai’i,
KittyFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- LSLucy S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Age Range 18 - 24Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 days agoSuch a beautiful color!
The dress is so comfy and stylish. I use it for teaching and for partiesFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- NANance A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 days agoStill haven’t gotten to wear it “out”
Planned to wear my fabulous new Zuri dress for graduation- I teach middle school. Had it already to go with my custom designed ChuckTs for Pride that I was wearing to support my students. Tested + for Covid graduation day morning. Still got dressed, “put on my face” and made videos of my two parts of the ceremony.
Absolutely love this pattern and the fit. This size is a bit roomy in the body but fits my upper arms better. Cannot wait to actually wear it out. Maybe on my upcoming trip to Germany. Taking several Zuri dresses with me.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- BSBarbara S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 65+Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 hours agoI love this dress!
beautifulFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- CCCleo C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars21 hours agoCleo
Love everything about this dress!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?