- 100% cotton kitenge sourced in East Africa
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We work with an incredible network of fabric vendors in Dar es Salaam and Nairobi to source textiles. Over the years and many hundreds of prints, we've learned a lot about how to select fabrics. We truly have these women to thank for sharing their knowledge and trust, and in doing so, creating such a mutually supportive experience. Learn more about our process and our vendors here!
- MHMuriel H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 weeks agoGORGEOUS AND REGAL!
I absolutely Love this print and colors. The Empire State one of New Yorks most Beautiful Icon and now I get to wear on this Gorgeous dress as a New Yorker. A true Winner. Thank You Zuri.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- AGAnnette G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars4 weeks agoEmpire State
This is such an awesome dress! Really started off my Monday great!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BPBarbara P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoNot my colours, BUT!
Empire State's colours are definitely NOT for my skin tone, but I had to have it! I was happy to snag the last one in my size. The designs on the pattern are so beautiful, I should hang it up as a piece of art.FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SSSara S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoGorgeous
Empire State arrived a bit darker than I was expecting, but the colors are rich, saturated, and gorgeous! The fit was perfect and just as expected. It was a lovely dress to wear to celebrate my fall birthday and will go into rotation for work, too. The weight is a bit heavier than some of my other dresses, perfect for fall and chillier days! (I purchased medium standard length, I'm 5'3", 170lbs.)FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CChantiniVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars1 month agoElegant and unique
Empire has an amazing Art Deco pattern and beautifully unique color pattern with vibrant purples and Dijon . It’s a dress that is perfect for nice events or a casual day in the park. So comfortable and beautiful. I really love it!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2