- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- XJXandra J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 6' And OverAge Range 45 - 54Size Purchased 2XUsual Size 2XLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars1 month agoBeautiful vibrant red
Juniper is a vibrant red, lightweight dress that I love to wear. This colour always cheers me up!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MMMaryanne M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 65+Size Purchased SUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoA Beauty
I hesitated for a long time with this dress. I thought the pattern would be too meh, and I didn’t need another red dress! But I kept seeing how lovely it looked in photos posted by Zuristas on the Appreciation page, and took the plunge. Oh, my - what a marvelous shade, truly regal, and the fabric has an almost polished cotton sheen. Another keeper.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- NNNgoc N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased XXSUsual Size XXSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 months agoAwesome red
True red color, print is subtle and dress can be more versatile. Love it!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MGMichaeline G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XLUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 months agoMy Fave Colour.
I really liked the yellow that’s on the berries in this dress. It’s subtle but complements my dress beautifully. As always garment is well made, fits perfectly & has pockets deep enough for me to sometimes leave my handbag at home. This is my favourite colour and Juniper did not disappoint.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MBMichelle B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 months agoJoyful Juniper
I love the Juniper! It’s my first colorful dress, it is such a happy hue and I’ve gotten so many compliments on it. The pattern is subtle but adds interest. I ran across a page that said junipers are symbols of cleansing and protection and as a deacon in the Anglican church, I love that thought that I’m bringing those qualities to those I serve!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2