- Textile design by artist Shadé Akanbi
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven, printed and stitched in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Functional, hidden pockets
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Care: Machine wash cold with like colors
- Color notes: Black & white
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Shadé Akanbi. Raised in the Bay Area, Shadé credits her Nigerian-American upbringing and extensive international travels as her main creative influences for designing. Now based in Brooklyn, Shadé is the Creative Director and Designer of Printed Pattern People and it's a true joy to be able to share her work with you!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- LCLyndie C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased XSUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 week agoWeekend favorite
I'm glad this dress is well made and that the people who created it are well paid. I really enjoy wearing the dress to a variety of occasions! My 10 yr old helped me take this photo -- she wants the same dress too 😂FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JWJoyce W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased SUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 weeks agoBeautiful!
Love black and white prints. So many different ways to style and wear. One of my favorites!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LPLillie P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 months agoSweet Dress
I like this dress so much. I have two other black and white Zuri dress, and this one is different--less dramatic, but still eye-catching and interesting!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- AMAndrea M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoBuzz-worthy
I love the hive-inspired print! The black-and-white print is versatile. I can add a pop of color or not. Looks good with leather booties, loafers, flats, Vans checkerboard slip-ons, and sneakers. I look forward to wearing layering it over a bright-color tissue turtleneck, black-coated denim, dark-blue denim, or winter tights of whatever color.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CPConstance P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5' And UnderAge Range 35 - 44Size Purchased XXSUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoQueen Bee for the Queen Bee!
I love this print. I am a black and white fanatic! I am a therapist and Zuri dresses brighten my sessions!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2