- 100% cotton sitiba made in Senegal and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-stitched and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Dark blue/navy with lighter stripes
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We’re so proud of this collaboration with Cheikhouna, a master dyer, and his family in Dakar, Senegal to create a collection of hand-dyed textiles using traditional stitch-resist and wax-stamped techniques! Learn more about how these fabrics are made here!
Cheikhouna uses a stitch-resist technique called sitiba, in which the design is hand-stitched into the fabric before dyeing. As you can guess, this is a very time-consuming practice, but the results are stunning! Sitiba is rarely produced anymore not only because of the amount of time it takes, but because of the complexity of the technique. Cheihkouna is one of the last dyers in Dakar who practices this centuries-old technique, and while he trains apprentices, he stitched every piece of fabric for our production himself.
You may be more familiar with wax resist, otherwise known as batik! The natural materials that Cheikhnouna uses to create his dyes make his batiks and sitiba fabrics extra special!
- RMRupa M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 weeks agoSubtle and versatile
This is one of the easiest Zuris for me to wear. I normally wear dark and neutral colors, and Zuris are taking me outside my comfort zone for sure! But when I want something just a bit different but still discreet, I reach for Indiglow. A wonderful addition to my wardrobe. The glowing bands remind me of a slice of agate!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JFJudith F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5' And UnderAge Range 65+Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 months agoGreat dress
Love it! Beautifully made and fits perfectly.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JWJoyce W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased SUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 months agoAmazing
Beautiful fit and fabric. Obsessed with these dresses.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- KFKathryn F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars5 months agoLove love love
This fabric and this pattern is perfect for me! I feel so great in this dress and want to possibly live in it!? I bought two dresses and love them both. Plus the whole ZURI vibe is just wonderful and Inja at the SF Fillmore store is just a DOLL. Go see her... you won't be disappointed!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MHMuriel H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars6 months agoDELIGHTFUL & GORGEOUS!!!
Such a Beautiful Batik, I Absolutely Love it. ZURI did it again!!!This dress is so comfy...so Lightweight. I really enjoyed wearing it. Thanks so much ZURI!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2