- 100% hand-loomed cotton ikat fabric, handwoven in India
- Stitched in Kenya
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're really proud to be working with Sasha, India's oldest fair trade cooperative to source ethically grown linen and cotton and to work with their experienced weavers in West Bengal to make these textiles. Learn more about these fabrics here!
Woven by India's oldest certified fair-trade artisanal weaving cooperative in West Bengal, these textiles are a dream! Each fabric is a hand-loomed blend of cotton and linen. We chose this blend for two reasons: 1) to create subtle texture and movement within the weave; and (more practically) 2) so that your shirts and dresses will be super easy to wash and wear, as they'll be more wrinkle resistant, more durable, and drape a bit heavier when worn. (While the fabric was produced in India, the dresses were all proudly stitched in Kenya by our team.)
- LPLaura P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars3 months agoStaple wardrobe addition
Thin fabric makes it comfortable in summer weather or to layer in chillier temps. The subtle pattern on my dress was oriented in a visually interesting "v" shape and it goes well with many bright accessories (like this sash from Latvia).FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- ELElizabeth L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars15 seconds agoGreat dress
I bought this as a gift for a friend, after having bought four Zuri dresses and three Zuri shirts for myself over the past few years. My friend loves her dress and I love mine, and the shirts too. We are both about 5"2, about the same size. Mine are size small, hers mediumFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SKSharon K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 6' And OverAge Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars1 month agolight weight, feels good
I like the light weight and looking forward to wearing it alot in spring and summer.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- AMAmy M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars4 months agoSo beautiful
Love the fabric and print, and the dress is comfortable and stylish!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- ARAlison R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 months agoStupendous Silver Style
I am obsessed with these ikat fabrics! I kept eyeing this dress but didn't order for awhile because those lighter, often heathered greys do not looks good on me...but I am so glad I gave this dress a chance! The color is a rich silver as opposed to grey. You might say "tomAYto, tomAHto" but it really makes a difference. As soon as I put it on I knew it was a keeper - the fabric is so light and airy! I love the way is drapes and hangs. PERFECT for summer. As another reviewer mentioned, it is a bit sheer so be sure to wear a slip or cami underneath. Also, be mindful of how you hang it to dry. There was a "hanger bump" on one of the shoulders after I hung it to dry on a regular ol' hanger. Easily came out after ironing with steam, though. Another bonus - I was convinced it would need ironing after washing and drying, but after drying it looked fine! The small creases blends in perfectly with the texture/pattern of the fabric. One question though - the website says it's 100% cotton, but the tag on the dress says it's a linen/cotton blend. I typically wear a small in the kitenge and linen dresses and a medium in the batiks. Had to go with a medium for this one. Hope to see more of the ikat dresses at some point!FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2