Shale We Dance?
- 100% hand-loomed cotton ikat fabric, handwoven in India
- Stitched in Kenya
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Louise is 5'5" and wears a M
- Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
- Nina is 5'7 and wears an XS
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
You can use product metafields to assign contenMeet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!t to this tab that is unique to an individual product. Use tabs to highlight unique features, sizing information, or other sales information.
We're really proud to be working with Sasha, India's oldest fair trade cooperative to source ethically grown linen and cotton and to work with their experienced weavers in West Bengal to make these textiles. Learn more about these fabrics here!
Woven by India's oldest certified fair-trade artisanal weaving cooperative in West Bengal, these textiles are a dream! Each fabric is a hand-loomed blend of cotton and linen. We chose this blend for two reasons: 1) to create subtle texture and movement within the weave; and (more practically) 2) so that your shirts and dresses will be super easy to wash and wear, as they'll be more wrinkle resistant, more durable, and drape a bit heavier when worn. (While the fabric was produced in India, the dresses were all proudly stitched in Kenya by our team.)
- LSLani S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Size Purchased MUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoLight and airy!
Shale we dance is such a beautiful dress! The fabric is light and airy and perfect for hot weather! I have been layering it on days that are cooler. 💕FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- HSHazel S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoFabulous batik!
This dress is so soft and flowy. The design is subtle and elegant. Zuri batiks are so wonderful and underappreciated. I live how Zuri works with such great fabric designers and talented sewing workshops to produce simple, elegant, interesting dresses. I love how this company's work ethic aligns with mine.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BBBetsy B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoLovely and light
This is a gorgeously cool dress for hot days. The pattern is subtle but striking and is a very natural gray that matches well with gray hair. ☺️ I love it with a Zuri patch belt or just free flowing. One of my favorites.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BLBarbara L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased XLUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoPerfect summer duster!
Love it! Light, lovely, elegant and eclectic. The perfect summer duster. Usually wear a L, but got this in XL so would be extra loose.FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- EFEleonor F.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoPerfect for summer!
I love this ikat dress, much thinner than the other Zuri dresses, perfect for the summer!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2