- 100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary including the direction of the stripes
- Color notes: Rich purple, with lighter purple stripes
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- RMRupa M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 4 stars3 weeks agoVibrant but not “busy”
This is a beautiful print. The gradations of the stripes and tones of plum and pink throughout the dress are so luxurious and lovely. It is vibrant yet not too busy of a print, since it’s just stripes. I find it a bit harder to wear some of the large scale prints (partly because of my height perhaps- I am 5’4”). This is easier and more comfortable for me to wear. It can be suitable for many different occasions. Try it out if you are tempted!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- IJIris J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased SUsual Size MRated 5 stars1 month agoPurple Pizazz
When I put on this Zuri creation, I automatically want to smile. Purple is my favorite color and I love the moment and energy projected in this design.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LLindsayVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 months agoUPDATE
My replacement Electric Slide showed up with the diagonal stripes and I do believe this is my new favorite Zuri! Perfectly sized, beautiful pattern, great feel. 5 stars! Even bigger stars to the wonderful Zuri team who communicated, found, and got this one out to me. I'm thrilled!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LKLindsay K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 4 stars2 months agoLoved it but the pattern was vertical
The dress was LOVELY and the color is so beautiful. Unfortunately, it was cut slightly smaller than I'm used to and the stripes were vertical instead of diagonal and I returned. Luckily, this is Zuri, so the customer service has been excellent! Can't wait to order my next Zuri :)FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SRSheila R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 months agoSlide into this Electric Plum Batik!
I have been waiting for the weather to cool off enough where I live to wear (and write a review for) this dress. Electric Slide immediately attracted me with its dynamic purple hue and flattering bias stripes, and I even purchased glasses to go with it! Now that autumn is finally approaching, I can step out in this lovely plum hue. So can you, and your admirers may be amazed by the unique batik treatment and texture created by the talented Edwina and her team!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2