Note: Louise is 5'5" and wears an M, Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL, Nina is 5'4 and wears an XS
100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Green background with grey/white swipes
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- AAAdrienne A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 days agoEvergreen Dream
I didn’t know that green was a color I could pull off but Zuri never let’s me down. This is a gorgeous evergreen color that can read both bright and neutral depending on how you style it.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- RReedI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 stars10 seconds agoPapyrus
My favourite to date. Nice colour. Nice graphic. Very pleased.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- ECElaine C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoCute and Comfortable
Really like the rich green color of Papyrus. I have at least 6 other dresses and 3 shirts. I have referred countless customers as I am out in the community all the time and people are always complimenting the dress and asking where they can get one. I'm not sending a picture but I'm looking pretty cute, if I do say so myself. LOLFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SCStacy C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars2 months agoBeautiful color!
I love the variation in pattern of the Batiks. It makes me feel like I’m wearing a piece of art! This one is a beauty, but the color is closer to the fabric pictures shown on the site (darker) than the pictures with models. (lighter). The fabric also feels a bit lighter than the classic Zuris I own, but still a bit stiff due to the wax used in the print making. I know it will soften with more washing. I’m so glad I finally snapped this one up before it sold out!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- VCVisa C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XSUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoI LOVE MY NEW ZURI DRESS!
I LOVE everything about this dress...and it has pockets! I've worn it with a belt (extra fun purchase at the store) and without a belt. Both ways were equally comfortable and flattering. I washed it on a gentle cycle and hung it to dry. Looks as beautiful as ever. Can't wait to buy more !FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2