100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Green background with grey/white swipes
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Louise is 5'5" and wears an M
- Nina is 5'4 and wears an XS
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- LCLinda C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 days agoI adore Zuri Batiks
This is simply beautiful. Many complements today as I was handling sales at Atlantic Art Glass in Maine. The medium fit is just right. Worse with boots and heavy linen pants by Bryn Walker.
* I could wear a sleeves t-shirt type underneath, comfortably, if leavening the dress unbuttoned. Sizing up to a large would give more room, but it would feel to big.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BHBrittany H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoInstant Favorite
I absolutely love this dress! I bought Glimmerglass a while back, so didn't get this one for months because I thought they were too similar. I'm so glad I eventually went back for Papyrus because the green is just so rich and beautiful. Zuri batiks always make the top of my favorites list.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- IIIrina I.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoAnother winner
Beautiful, deep green, with motifs that remind me of angels' wings. The fabric is on the stiffer side, but falling beautifully. The green is strong, but muted enough to strike just the balance between standing out and blending in. Overall, a winner.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JWJennifer W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoGorgeous green!
Papyrus is crisp, cool, and a beautiful shade of green! Another Zuri that attracts compliments throughout the day — who could resist that? I love it!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- ESErin S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoWhy did I wait so long?
I was slow to add Papyrus to my green pallet, but I am so glad I did. Zuri batiks are always a treat.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2