100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color Notes: Green, navy, white
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
- Nina is 5'7 and wears an XS,
- Louise is 5'5" and wears a M,
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- KMKatie M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 days agoWonderful
This is a nice thick batik and I love the colors! It’s a really cute pop of fun texture but it compliments many colors. Thank you Zuri :)FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MAMelina A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoRaincheck
Great colors… very classy dress.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- KBKyara B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoBatiks are amazing
Have slowly become obsessed with the batiks! Can’t wait for more to be released this October!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- AOAmara O.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoHandprinted Batik leads to subtle elegance
This dress is more than meets the original glance. The hand printed batik gives it a depth of color and texture that is gorgeous and I think under-appreciated in photos. I wore this dress to a formal event and it was amazing to go without a purse to keep track of - everything I needed I fit comfortably in my pockets! It is good for a more casual look or more dressy, but my favorite is to wear it with my clergy collar underneath!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- TNTeija N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoThe best travel dress!
Raincheck as a coat to/from Atlanta, as a dress for an evening out. I’ll be traveling this summer to Europe and, you guessed it, wearing Raincheck. Goes well with blacks and jeans.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2