- 100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Indigo & pink
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Louise is 5'4 and wears a M
- Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
- Nina is 5'7 and wears an XS
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- KKKimberly K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoNothing short of fabulous!
I generally choose wax prints but this batik made a believer out of me! I adore this fabric! The dress is in a rich jewel tone with graceful lines and deep pockets!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- TETami E.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Size Purchased MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoLove it!
This is my third Zuri (and first batik) and I absolutely love the pattern and combination of colours. It's really comfortable, sits well and is so versatile. Love it!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BPBarbara P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoIt's peachy in more ways than one
Love this dress although colours were not as shown on the website. It's peach and ultramarine, instead of pink and a bluer blue. In spite of the colour surprise, it's a keeper.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- AAAndrea A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoUnexpected!
The purple and gold is very regal and professional! I got so many compliments. It quickly became one of my favorite Zuris ( which is saying a lot because I LOVE all my Zuris!)FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- TOTheresa O.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoLOVE
Short wave is probably my softest Zuri, and while I'm partial to the stiff fabrics (I actually LOVE wax prints, and even Zuri doesn't go that stiff), I like having Shortwave in the closet for days when I want to look cute and feel super cozy. I was worried about the angle of the print, but mine is exactly as the one on the website. It's basically the perfect dress.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2