- 100% cotton batik hand-dyed in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Notes: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design and colors on each shirt will vary.
- Color Notes: Black and white
- Short sleeves with button fastening
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Oversized fit; for a more fitted look, take the next size down
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Nina is 5'7" and wears an XS
- Jaz is 5'5" and wears an XL
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- LSLani S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased MUsual Size MRated 4 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoFun and beautiful!
I love Jaws! The only reason that I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is that the short sleeve shirt fit is surprisingly big! It is no longer available in a smaller size, and I really love the print, so I will keep it anyway and have it altered!FitRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CZCelia Z.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased MUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars4 weeks agoPerfect shirt for coastal living!
I love theis shirt so much. The Jaws theme is perfect for Florida living. The short sleeve shirts are a little boxier so I go down a size in these short sleeve shirts. Another Zuri winner!!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- TCTanya C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased XLRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoTakes a second look
I get a lot of second looks followed by smiles when people see this shirt!
The short sleeve are roomier than the long. I can't wear the long sleeve shirts or dresses, but this one works out great!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- STShannon T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased MUsual Size MRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoSnatching!
This lovely shirt I’d fun and always draws compliments. The cut is loose and boxy, so depending on the look you are going for, you may be able to size down a couple of levels. I love the lose, breezy fit and the always fun theme! Cue the Jaws music!FitRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- ALAndrea L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoSUSPEND A FEAR OF JAWS
Share your love for the science of conservation by wearing this shark print that’s primed as a conversation starter. This fun batik is perfect for summer when paired with white capris or as a cover up with a swimsuit showing that you don’t have to be a lover of cartilaginous fishes or Shark Week to get great mileage out of this shirt.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2