This dress is effervescent!
Note: Louise is 5'5" and wears a M, Nina is 5'7 and wears an XS, and Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: indigo background with light pink and purple design
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- LHLauren H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased SUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 week agoIncredible!
This dress really blows my skirt up- it is stunning! The hand-blocked batik fabric is a beautiful work of art. The colors pop and as with my other Zuri dresses, this one brings joy wherever we go. I tried to take pictures in the natural light so the subtle variations and colors on the rich purple background are visible. I’m 140lbs, 36/30/39 with smaller shoulders and the small fits perfectly. If it helps anyone with sizing, I was more comfortable in the medium at 160lbs in the past. Boba is gorgeous, highly recommended!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MPMariclair Partee C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased SUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoLove it.
I wanted Boba for a while but held off because I don’t wear a lot of purple or bright prints. I’m so glad I finally got it, because it’s gorgeous- the background is deeper than it appears in the photos online, and the colors are a little more muted overall. It’s my new favorite Zuri in my collection.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JWJoyce W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased SUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 months agoLove it
Beautiful design. Great fit. Took a couple tries to find the size I thought fit best for me. I’m usually an L but liked how the S fit on me best. The M gave me more room in the shoulders/arms but then I felt like I was swimming in fabric everywhere else. So comfirtable and versatile. Want to buy more.FitRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- ECElizabeth C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 months agoLove this purple
Love the vibrancy of the purple color, and the lightweight fabric is perfect for summer. I wore Boba to a chamber music concert in the 90 degree heat and felt cool and crisp.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- AMAnita M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars6 months agoBoba-eautifully fun
This print is incredibly fun, and the cotton fabric is great for this Texas heat. It makes me feel alive and bubbly!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2