- Textile design by artist Gitty Chemoss
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Colors: Purple, lilac, orange
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. This print was designed by self-taught artist and surface designer Gitty Chemoss, who uses her art to explore creating patterns that contribute to the beautifully-expressive, uniquely-dynamic creations that impact and transform the way we experience, appreciate, and envision the world around us.
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- JWJennifer W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 week agoJennifer Warren-Part
Absolutely thrilled with my purchase. I will be wearing it at an upcoming WeddingFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- AKAshley K B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased 1XUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 weeks agoIN LOVE
I love this dress. Perfection! Comfortable, great colour palette; this is my 14th Zuri dress and I love it just as much as my first! I would give it more stars but only five are available 🤩FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- EBElissa B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased SUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoLove it
Another absolutely lovely Zuri dress, love these dresses!FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- AOAnn O.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 65+Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoDress review
Love it!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- SMSusan M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 65+Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoFab floral!
I love the heathered purple with pops of orange and so do my friends! The Zuri cut is ageless and likely will work for most.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?