- 100% cotton batik hand-dyed in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design and colors on each shirt will vary.
- Color notes: Blue, white
- Long sleeves with button fastening at bottom
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- CChantiniVerified ReviewerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54Size Purchased LUsual Size MRated 5 starsYesterdayWhat a gem!
So exciting to check mail today… What a gem - right out of the bag and on. I just love the color - on the blue side of teal. Batiks are always so lovely and unique. Thank you Zuri for the best customer service and greatest people AND a super awesome community too 💙💙💙 #DominoEffect #TrueLoveFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- PTPatricia T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased 2XUsual Size 2XRated 5 stars3 days agoAnother favorite!
I love this pattern! This is my second shirt (I have a couple dresses).
I just wish there were pocketsFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- KBKathleen B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 stars5 days agointo the blue again
my 3rd Zuri since 2019! so happy with this purchase. I love to think that the Spanish word for tile, azulejo, comes from the amazing blue and white tile-work typical of North Africa and Spain from the 13th-17 centuries. This blue and white tunic works like a wonderful tile straight out of the Alhambra in Granada, Spain. As ever, the workwomanship is impeccable.
My only Zuri caution: Zuri should offer a 10% discount for thoughtful written reviews. Some of us in the +73 age group are not big fans of home selfies.
Come on Zuri, award writing and selfy-photos with the same offer.
I will be breezing off in this tunic to Granada Spain for ongoing Spanish Studies in March 2023. Wish me luck,
with thanks, happy customer KFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MMBWhiteVerified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLRated 5 stars1 week agoEven better in real life than as imaged!
I ordered this shirt as soon as I saw it because sometimes, with Zuri, things sell out before you know it. It came quickly. My shirt is a touch more green than how it looked on my computer screen--but that makes it almost a vibrant teal, and I am very happy with that. (Often Zuri colors are more vibrant in person than they appear on line--and the teal cast of my shirt is lovely. As it happens, we are in the thick of frigid Chicago winter, so it may be a while before I can wear this, unless I put on a warm base layer. But I can wait....FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2