- 100% cotton hand-stitched batik made in Senegal and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: earthy brown and salmon
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We’re so proud of this collaboration with Cheikhouna, a master dyer, and his family in Dakar, Senegal to create a collection of hand-dyed textiles using traditional stitch-resist and wax-stamped techniques! Learn more about how these fabrics are made here!
Cheikhouna uses a stitch-resist technique called sitiba, in which the design is hand-stitched into the fabric before dyeing. As you can guess, this is a very time-consuming practice, but the results are stunning! Sitiba is rarely produced anymore not only because of the amount of time it takes, but because of the complexity of the technique. Cheihkouna is one of the last dyers in Dakar who practices this centuries-old technique, and while he trains apprentices, he stitched every piece of fabric for our production himself.
You may be more familiar with wax resist, otherwise known as batik! The natural materials that Cheikhnouna uses to create his dyes make his batiks and sitiba fabrics extra special!
- MHMuriel H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 months agoFABULOUS!!!
I am in Love with Flux,it has a subtle Beauty, it's Light and has a lovely swing. The perfect Summer dress to be worn dressed up or casual.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BHBrittany H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 25 - 34Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 months agoLove This Dress
This pattern is so unique and the fabric is very lightweight. I loved this dress as soon as I took it out of the bag.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MMMaryanne M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 65+Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 months agoSubtle elegance
My Flux is browner than the photos, but the pink undertones make this work perfectly with my blush pink shoes and scarf. The new sizing is great - much more comfortable. A great addition in this hot hot summer.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BPBarbara P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 months agoIntriguing design made by stitch resist
First out of the package ... I was so disappointed - colours were too brown, not suited to my colouring - and wanted it return it right away. Fortunately I decided to try it on - LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The lightness and texture of the fabric is perfect for summer. The colours go with any skin tone - and when I first wore it, my friend called me a HOT 75 year old!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JJJanet J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars5 months agolove it
I was recently introduced to zuri and am in love! The flux is light weight, comfortable and great colors. Highly recommend!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2