- 100% cotton hand-stitched batik made in Senegal and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: earthy brown and salmon
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We’re so proud of this collaboration with Cheikhouna, a master dyer, and his family in Dakar, Senegal to create a collection of hand-dyed textiles using traditional stitch-resist and wax-stamped techniques! Learn more about how these fabrics are made here!
Cheikhouna uses a stitch-resist technique called sitiba, in which the design is hand-stitched into the fabric before dyeing. As you can guess, this is a very time-consuming practice, but the results are stunning! Sitiba is rarely produced anymore not only because of the amount of time it takes, but because of the complexity of the technique. Cheihkouna is one of the last dyers in Dakar who practices this centuries-old technique, and while he trains apprentices, he stitched every piece of fabric for our production himself.
You may be more familiar with wax resist, otherwise known as batik! The natural materials that Cheikhnouna uses to create his dyes make his batiks and sitiba fabrics extra special!
- BHBrittany H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 25 - 34Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 week agoLove This Dress
This pattern is so unique and the fabric is very lightweight. I loved this dress as soon as I took it out of the bag.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- JJJanet J.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars2 weeks agolove it
I was recently introduced to zuri and am in love! The flux is light weight, comfortable and great colors. Highly recommend!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- LALula A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 weeks agoMrs
Love the dressFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- BBTVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XSUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoHidden Gem
This is one of those Zuri dresses that looks better in real life than on-screen. More dark bronze with subtle pink undertones with an elegant understated stitch-resistant pattern that is definitely artistically crafted. You can't guess how flattering the color is until you actually wear it. Pairs beautifully with black, tan, white, pink. Perfect summer weight non-sheer light cotton with a graceful, soft flow. Also a color that is perfect for fall/winter layering. Rare is the sleeveless you can wear year-round.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- LLLeslie L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 65+Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoAmazing dress
Love this easy, breezy style.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?