- 100% cotton hand-stamped in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Blue, white
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- KIKristina I.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased 1XUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 months agoFirst Sleeveless Zuri and Won’t Be the Last
I finally added a sleeveless Zuri to my eight dress collection and I love it so much! The fit is perfect and is breathable for sweaty DC days. Please note that I dozed up one because the bust fit differently.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BHBrittany H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 25 - 34Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 months agoBeautiful Batik
This batik is so gorgeous. Up close, the lines have cool variations. The blue is more of a light navy, but I like how the colour looks different depending on the light. The fabric is fairly lightweight and very comfortable to wear.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- AGAnnette G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XRated 5 stars5 months agoGlimmerglass
I love my first sleeveless Zuri!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- NBNicole B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased SUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 months agoSo Beautifully Blue
This gorgeous blue batik is perfect for a southern California summer. It's wonderful to find quality dresses that are unique and artistic. These dresses are cute, comfortable, and make me feel less insecure about the weight I've put on over the last two years.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- HEHeidi E A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XLUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoThis is so ME
I love wearing this dress. It's so me! The colour and pattern, but also texture. Living in a warm, humid climate, this is a comfy dress for everyday - hanging out with my dog outside or sitting in front of my Zoom.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2