- 100% cotton batik hand-dyed in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Notes: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design and colors on each shirt will vary.
- Colors: black, white
- Short sleeves with button fastening
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Oversized fit; for a more fitted look, take the next size down
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Nina is 5'7" and wears an XS
- Jaz is 5'5" and wears an XL
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- STShannon T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased MUsual Size MRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoSnatching!
This lovely shirt I’d fun and always draws compliments. The cut is loose and boxy, so depending on the look you are going for, you may be able to size down a couple of levels. I love the lose, breezy fit and the always fun theme! Cue the Jaws music!FitRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- ALAndrea L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoSUSPEND A FEAR OF JAWS
Share your love for the science of conservation by wearing this shark print that’s primed as a conversation starter. This fun batik is perfect for summer when paired with white capris or as a cover up with a swimsuit showing that you don’t have to be a lover of cartilaginous fishes or Shark Week to get great mileage out of this shirt.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- EWElaine W.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoLoving the new short sleeved shirt design!
Instant love. Definitely try on before purchasing. Runs slightly roomier than the original long sleeve shirt especially in the shoulders. I tried both the M and L and ended up purchasing the medium because the sleeves didn’t billow out so much. They’re like kimono sleeves - very roomy/airy.
Perfect for warmer days as well as layering over a long sleeved shirt. Like all my Zuri shirts and dresses this will get tons of wear through all seasons of the year.
Thank you Zuri for another great design - looking forward to more prints!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JSJessica S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44Size Purchased SUsual Size SRated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoWay cool!
I’ve been wearing my Zuri dresses for years. This is my first shirt purchase and I’m in love! The “jaws” design is so cool, the cut is divine and I feel like a million bucks wearing it! Thanks Zuri - please make more short sleeve designs like this!!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SKSuzie K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XSUsual Size SRated 5 out of 5 stars10 months agoFun!!
Love the print! I usually wear a small in Zuri dresses and long sleeve shirts but needed an XS because the small was very roomy.FitRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2