- Textile design by artist Joanne Kalute
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Color notes: black, white
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Jo Kalute, a Kenyan-born creative currently living in Sydney, Australia. Her work is inspired by her African heritage and seaside living. Her patterns are bold, energetic, and contemporary.
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- HCHeather C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars15 hours agoPerfect for any occasion!
I love this dress!!!! Versatile for any occasion, especially an afternoon with the girls!!!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- JWJoyce W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Age Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 days agoThis Zuri goes well with what I have
I chose the Monarch Zuri, from all the many colorful offerings, because it is black and white. I can wear it with black leggings and tunic. The effect is subtle; goes with gray earrings. I add color with the Zuri belt worn as a tie.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- SHSarah H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 days agoDidn’t know I would lions sleeveless
What a flattering dress! Fabulous fabric. Perfect pattern & great fitFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- LLLynn L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 days agoBeautiful
This dress is so beautifully made. The fit was prefect and I couldn’t wait to wear it. I can definitely see this will be my summer dress that I pull to wear first. I love the fabric. Such I lovely dress that fit a curvy body!! I will be buying more!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- SASusan A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 days agoSo very pretty & comfortable
Oh I loved this dress immediately! It's so easily comfortable and classic looking in its simplicity - The fabric is beautiful and the pattern is elegant! Looking forward to wearing it a lot!!!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?