Blue Skies Ahead!
Colors: blue and white
- 100% cotton batik hand-dyed in Senegal and stitched in Kenya
- Long sleeves with button fastening at bottom
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We’re so proud of this collaboration with Cheikhouna, a master dyer, and his family in Dakar, Senegal to create a collection of hand-dyed textiles using traditional stitch-resist and wax-stamped techniques! Learn more about how these fabrics are made here!
Cheikhouna uses a stitch-resist technique called sitiba, in which the design is hand-stitched into the fabric before dyeing. As you can guess, this is a very time-consuming practice, but the results are stunning! Sitiba is rarely produced anymore not only because of the amount of time it takes, but because of the complexity of the technique. Cheihkouna is one of the last dyers in Dakar who practices this centuries-old technique, and while he trains apprentices, he stitched every piece of fabric for our production himself.
You may be more familiar with wax resist, otherwise known as batik! The natural materials that Cheikhnouna uses to create his dyes make his batiks and sitiba fabrics extra special!
- IIIrina I.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased SUsual Size SRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoOutstanding new addition!
This shirt truly is like the sea -- the colours, the texture, the movement. I love everything about it, even the stains of discoloration that shine with a brightness of sorts: they make me feel like an artist every time I wear the shirt. Highly recommended!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- PRPATRICIA R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased LUsual Size LRated 4 out of 5 stars1 month agoBeautiful flexible shirt
I love the soft light fabric and the colors of this shirt. I'd give it 5 stars but the sleeves are on the short size-I am tall but most of the time sleeve length is fine for me. The sleeves on this shirt are shorter than other Zuri shirts I own and I have to wear them rolled up.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JJessieVerified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44Size Purchased SUsual Size SRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoCanadian tuxedo
I really love this shirt. It's so versatile and soft. It has the look of a denim shirt. It's darker than it appears in the photos and really timeless. Can be dressed up or down. Denim on denim or with black pants. Wear it open with a tank or with a skirt. Options are endless.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MMMichelle M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased XSUsual Size XSRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoReally unique
Much darker than the phot, but a really cool beautiful pattern. Comfortable and different!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CLChristine L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLRated 5 out of 5 stars10 months agoAlready a Loved Favorite
I love the all the shades of blue in this beautiful shirt. The feel of the fabric is comfortable and soft. Perfect sleeve length, not too tight in the shoulders for me. I have large shoulder muscles as I dragon boat paddle. I will wear this shirt many many times.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2