Blue Skies Ahead!
Colors: blue and white
- 100% cotton batik hand-dyed in Senegal and stitched in Kenya
- Long sleeves with button fastening at bottom
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We’re so proud of this collaboration with Cheikhouna, a master dyer, and his family in Dakar, Senegal to create a collection of hand-dyed textiles using traditional stitch-resist and wax-stamped techniques! Learn more about how these fabrics are made here!
Cheikhouna uses a stitch-resist technique called sitiba, in which the design is hand-stitched into the fabric before dyeing. As you can guess, this is a very time-consuming practice, but the results are stunning! Sitiba is rarely produced anymore not only because of the amount of time it takes, but because of the complexity of the technique. Cheihkouna is one of the last dyers in Dakar who practices this centuries-old technique, and while he trains apprentices, he stitched every piece of fabric for our production himself.
You may be more familiar with wax resist, otherwise known as batik! The natural materials that Cheikhnouna uses to create his dyes make his batiks and sitiba fabrics extra special!
- JJessieVerified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44Size Purchased SUsual Size SRated 5 stars3 months agoCanadian tuxedo
I really love this shirt. It's so versatile and soft. It has the look of a denim shirt. It's darker than it appears in the photos and really timeless. Can be dressed up or down. Denim on denim or with black pants. Wear it open with a tank or with a skirt. Options are endless.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CLChristine L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLRated 5 stars1 month agoAlready a Loved Favorite
I love the all the shades of blue in this beautiful shirt. The feel of the fabric is comfortable and soft. Perfect sleeve length, not too tight in the shoulders for me. I have large shoulder muscles as I dragon boat paddle. I will wear this shirt many many times.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- KFKathleen F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLRated 3 stars5 months agoBeautiful, but such a different color!
I gave this top three stars because it truly is a beautiful blouse. But the color I received was so different than the color in the photograph that I returned it. It wasn’t what I was looking for. I know this is not uncommon with Zuri, so I doubly appreciate how flexible the return policy is!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MFMargaret F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size MRated 5 stars5 months agoMs.
The color was a little darker than I thought from the photo, but I like it just the same. It is my 5 th shirt,FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SSusanVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars8 months agoLovely!
A lovely, muted blue. The print is so faint as to be almost invisible, but it gives the fabric a subtle sense of movement and texture. Also the fabric is lighter in weight than most Zuri fabrics, so it's floaty and hangs well. A keeper!