Seeds of Change
- Textile design by artist Shadé Akanbi
- 100% cotton African wax print kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Color notes: Teal, Orange, White on a Black Background
- Button fastening through front
- Functional, hidden pockets
- Light weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Care: Machine wash cold with like colors
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Shadé Akanbi. Raised in the Bay Area, Shadé credits her Nigerian-American upbringing and extensive international travels as her main creative influences for designing. Now based in Brooklyn, Shadé is the Creative Director and Designer of Printed Pattern People and it's a true joy to be able to share her work with you!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- AHAmanda H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased MUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoAn Easy-to-Wear Favourite
One of the other reviewers described this dress as 'cozy' and I agree! It's lighter weight fabric with a lovely drape that will be good for Brisbane's subtropical summer but there's also something very comforting about it for winter - perhaps because the design of drifting/falling seeds is also reminiscent of embers and rising sparks at night? Great with jeans, black skivvy, green/black scarf and boots. With respect to size, the medium fits like it was made for me (5'3" Australian size 16-18). Runs slightly shorter on me than other zuri dresses the same size. The zuri batiks are still my favourites and am eager to see the new prints, but between Seeds of Change and Eyeconic (another keeper) am now fully alert to the rotary printed original designs - so distinctive and charming.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- HHHelene H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoDon’t underestimate the one!
I passed over this dress so many times but came back to purchase it as I needed another dress for Melbourne’s winter.
As soon as it arrived I tried it on and knew it was perfect for me. It’s so very comfortable and the weight is perfect in a heated office. I wear it with ballet flats and a jacket for weekend lunch dates or heels for the office. So glad I added this one to my collection!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- NKNoelle K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoBest dress ever
Seriously, Zuris are now my staple. When not in PJs or the shower I am in a Zuri!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LCLupita C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoMy favorite dress
This is my favorite pattern and most comfortable Zuri. I love the way this dress fit me perfectly and the pattern and color makes it great for working in the art studio as well as dressing it up.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JTJulie T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoCozy and so flexible
This Zuri comes everywhere with me. It has so many colors to add accessories. Also, as a postpartum Mama, these dresses allow for body changes and baby/ work needs. Yup, makes pumping and breastfeeding very easy.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2