This dress will add a sprinkle of good cheer to any occasion!
- 100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Blue, purple, pink and white
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Carol is 5’5” and wears a XS
- Louise is 5'5 and wears a M
- Elizabeth is 5’9” and wears a S
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- PMPatricia M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoA sprinkle of magic
Love this dress, wear it every day. So easy to just throw on and feel wonderful xFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LHLauren H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoOne of my very favorites!
This dress is a happy birthday cake to me! It’s joyful and whimsical, definitely one of my very favorite dresses of ALL time. I ordered it in the long length and I’m loving it as a duster and worn alone as a dress both. Sizing is perfect as a small and I’m 35/28/39, 135lbs. Don’t miss out on trying the batik fabrics! They are so very special!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- DLDeborah L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoSuper fun!
Purchased my first zuri and I love it! I love the colors. I have since worn it a few times and alway get compliments.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- PMPearl M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoGeorgeous party dress!
Wearing this dress always makes me feel ready for a party or cocktail hour. When belted it reminds me of a 50s silhouette, with a bit of flair in the skirt. The fabric is on the rougher side though it is much improved after I did a vinegar soak to soften it up. This dress is super cute, can be casual or dressy, and I absolutely love it.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MMMelissa M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Size Purchased XSUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoGreat colors and so fun!
I love the dress, the shape, the colors--everything! It's a little snug across my shoulders, but that's because it's an XS and I'm really in between an XS and an S. (I know for certain now because I happened to be in NYC for a conference and stopped by the store on Bleecker St. to try on an S!) There weren't any smalls left in this fabric, and I really wanted this colorway! so I was willing to see if it fit well enough to wear. There is absolutely no stretch in this fabric, but as I wear it, I can feel the arms loosening up a bit, as cotton will do. So it's awesome--and I've received so many compliments on how pretty and fun it is!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2