- 100% cotton hand-stamped in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Blue, white
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- MEMelissa E.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased 2XUsual Size 2XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars4 days agoI'M SO EXCITED!!
I am in love with this dress, I can't wait to wear it everywhere! It is a little tight in the bust, but I am VERY busty, so nothing new here! It is stiff, but that's explained, so I will just wait it out. I love love love this piece, and I'm just waiting to order one of the 3/4 sleeve ones! Well done Zuri ❤️FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- SRSheila RyanVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased MUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 week agoEvery Inch a Beauty!
I am wearing my Square Inch as I type and I just want to show a photo of me out and about in the anything but "Square" Inch, another batik made in Ghana that I treasure for its handmade softness as well as style.
Here in Japan, it has been customary to cover one's arms, even in the sticky summer, but I am happy to go shopping in my sleeveless Zuri. Think I'll get one more dress to survive the lingering heat. Thank you, Zuri!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- HMHeather M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 week agoLove this dress!
Love this pattern! The blue is just beautiful. I get compliments every time I wear it!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- PLPatricia L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 weeks agoFabulous Dress
Comfortable and stylish. Makes me feel happy just to have it on.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- SMSarah M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased 2XUsual Size 2XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars2 weeks agoCool and lovely summer dress
Excellent fit and very pleased with the print.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?