- 100% cotton African wax print kitenge sourced in Tanzania
- Color notes: Red, grey, white, deep burgundy
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
Louise is 5'5 and wears a M
- Nina is 5'7 and wears an XS
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO Kenya provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO Kenya team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We work with an incredible network of fabric vendors in Dar es Salaam and Nairobi to source textiles. Over the years and many hundreds of prints, we've learned a lot about how to select fabrics. We truly have these women to thank for sharing their knowledge and trust, and in doing so, creating such a mutually supportive experience. Learn more about our process and our vendors here!
- JOJill O.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'10"5'11"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoLove this dress!
Such a gorgeous print and impeccable quality construction! Love the different shades of red and the muted gray. I recently wore Sunbird to the theater and received compliments. Very pleased!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- ABAllyson B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoObsession launched!
Sunbird was one of the dresses in my first Zuri order (May 2023). Two months, several orders, and one visit to Bleeker St. later, my Zuri collection has bloomed to nine! I am in love with the beauty of the prints, the quality of the fabrics, and the overall extreme comfort of these dresses! I was initially unsure about sizing - I am generally an XL, and thought I might be able to fit a L in this style. But I’ve stuck with the XL, which is more comfortable in the sleeves. The entire shopping experience with Zuri has been wonderful - from the anticipation of the new weekly print drop to the quick shipping and excellent customer service. If you’ve been on the fence, take the leap - you won’t regret it!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- PSPhilippa S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Size Purchased XSUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoLove love love
When I had to wash this after living in for the first few days after arriving, it was almost like saying good bye briefly to a new friend. I love this dress. It's uber comfortable, fits great, is cool & airy, and lovely material/great quality. Knowing I can wear it with leggings / as a skirt by tieing around my waist, means this is going to be a staple in my wardrobe summer & winter.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LLLeslie L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoThis dress is a winner!
I love Sunbird. I ordered this dress some time after it was introduced after seeing others wear it. The pattern is perfect for casual or more formal events. It was a winner on a recent cruise I took.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- KHKelsey H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'6"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoBright & light
A gorgeous print that merges object & repetitive pattern into one. Red, white, purple & grey mix in a way to add gentle brightness wherever it goes.FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2