- 100% cotton kitenge,
- 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Colors: Yellow, black and white
- Button fastening through front
- Functional pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light Weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Elizabeth is 5’9” and wears a S
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- CDCaroline de R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Size Purchased 2XUsual Size 2XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoPerfect for summer
Lovely light material with sunshiny printFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- EWElaine W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased LUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoRays of sunshine!
Simple yet striking. The bright yellow circles against the black and white background really stands out and looks like little sunbursts. The fabric on this dress is very lightweight - almost sheer - 100% made in Kenya. Feels cooling even in summer heat despite having sleeves. I enjoy wearing this open as a jacket too. Super versatile print that can layer over everything.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- KGKaren G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'10"5'11"Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoSunray Dress
I love my SunrayFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MGMelita G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Size Purchased MUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoRay of sunshine in an Aussie winter
I love the pop of colour that Sunray has given me when it's been so cold here in Australia this winter. I also loved that I happened to have the perfect earrings to match the dress that I'd picked up more than ten years when traveling in Switzerland.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MSMeg S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'10"5'11"Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoBright and sunny
This Zuri is a little lighter weight and so great for summer!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2