- 100% cotton batik hand-dyed in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design and colors on each shirt will vary.
- Long sleeves with button fastening at bottom
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Louise is 5'5 and wears a M
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- PRPATRICIA R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoMy Favorite Shirt
I love this shirt, it is light and fun. It goes with any outfit-I tend to wear very casual tee shirts and shorts or sweatpants as I am a painter and I can put this shirt over my tee and go out and look dressed up.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- YYYvonne Y.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased XLUsual Size 1XRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoThree Cheers for Ten Mothers
I love black & white as my baseline color palette, in fashion, interior decor, paper goods, exterior house trim- it's everywhere around here!! However, as much as I love black & white, it is usually realized in stripes (🖤🤍), dots, plants, skulls or toile. Until I saw Ten Mothers. This shirt gives me a definite mood boost when I wear it, or even see it! I enjoy a bit of edgy and Ten Mothers brings that to my ensemble every time, regardless of the overall vibe of my look.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- TRTerry R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased XLUsual Size XLRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoTen Mothers
I LOVE my Ten Mothers shirt and wear it all the time.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LBLaVaughn B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months ago<3
Sleeves too long! I may cut them off and hem at short-sleeved jacket length and use the cut-off fabric for pockets! Love the Ten Mothers!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MHMuriel H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size 1XRated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoTERRIFIC!!!
This is such a Great and Fun shirt, Light weight and comfortable. So versatile to wear. I Love the Batik Design.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2