- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- JSJennifer S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Size Purchased XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoFor the love of ferns!
I love my Zuri dress! In Maori, the unfurling fern is called the koru. I love this pattern and love the vibrant colours. I feel good wearing my dress, and supporting the creative women behind Zuri makes my heart happy. I wore it to a music festival with my daughter and felt the joy!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CWCheryl W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoReview for Fiddlesticks Dress - Ye-as
I was so surprised that my dress came 2 days EARLY! I purchased the dress for a special event and got lots of compliments. The event was extremely successful as well.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MHMuriel HenriquezVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoFABULOUS & FUN
I Absolutely Love,Love,Love this print. The color combo is Gorgeous, the fabric is Lightweight and so comfortable. Wonderful to wear and very versatile! Thank You Zuri!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- VBVirginia B.I recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoLove it!!!
I love them all- the ones I look good in and the ones others look good in…something for everyone!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- APAlexia Pepper de C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoAbsolutely gorgeous
I’ve waited a few years to find a pattern that really firs me, so glad I did. Fiddlesticks is a beautiful colour spectrum and fits wonderfully. The compliments roll in when I wear it. If you’re a pinky-purply person I highly recommend!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2