- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- BABonita A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoKachumbari. The perfect pick.
The color combination and whimsical motifs of Kachumbari , make for a perfect dress. This design would look great on everyone.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- DSDana S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoI love the colors!
I absolutely love the colors of Kachumbari, however, I think they wash me out a bit. I was hoping that this dress would be a staple in my work wardrobe as it is a gorgeous print. I ended up returning it, however, I now wonder with a summer sun tan, if it might have worked after all.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- DSDenae S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Size Purchased 1XUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoFashion Salad!
This foodie is over the moon about Kachumbari! Great fit and color. So happy for the restock in my size. Thanks Ashleigh, Sandra and the awesome team at Zuri!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LSL S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Size Purchased MUsual Size SLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoGreat colours!
Love the pattern and colours!FitRated -1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- LCLinda C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoGarden to Table 💚
Delightful pattern🌱It was a simple decision to select since everything I grow in my garden I prepare for my family meals. I looked up the recipe for Kachumbari and planning to make the dish this summer. 🌱💚✨
My 2nd Zuri Birthday/Holiday gift. Here with Bryn Walker separates and Dansko Mary Jane Slides.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2