- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Nina is 5'7" and wears an XS
- Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- SFSue F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoMakes me smile
How could I not be happy wearing this? As soon as I tried it on in the San Francisco store, I knew I couldn't leave without it.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- KKKiira K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Size Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoFlower of Delight
This Zuri dress is so fresh and zesty. I just love it. It puts a spring in my step, frankly. And, as with all of my other dresses from this wonderful company, it is beautifully made. Thank you. You do good work in the world, Zuri.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BBBetsy B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoCheerful and light
A wonderfully fun, summery dress. This dress can brighten up a cloudy day or camouflage you within summer wildflowers. I love all the greens and blues mixed in with orange, and the shapes and details are just plain awesome. This is my favorite dress for summer adventures. Light and comfy.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- HHannahVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoSo light and fun
This just brings me joy. The fabric is lighter than marimba or dolce vita.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JMJustine M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoCactus flower
Gorgeous. Wasn't sure if the green may be too bright for me, but I loved it when it arrived.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2