- 100% cotton African wax print kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Color notes: Red, blue, black and white
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Light weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Louise is 5'5 and wears a M
- Nina is 5'7 and wears an XS
- Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Shadé Akanbi, who is based in Brooklyn, New York. She also designs exclusive products in collaboration with other artisans, locally and internationally, as well as special momentos collected throughout her travels; curated from local markets to international bazaars.
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- EWErica W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased SUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoEveryday Life in a Party Dress
My Zuri Dresses are colorful and playful, bringing me joy and body positivity. And I love that they are easy to care for. They are definitely nzuri...good.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- EKElisabeth K B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased MUsual Size MRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoCircle Back, exceeds expectations
I’ve got an embarrassing number of Zuris (of which I have no favorite,) but had not yet ventured into sleeveless territory.
Circle Back exceeds expectations. I’ve worn either short or long sleeved knit shirts under it in past weeks and now that summer’s fully arrived, I love wearing the dress sleeveless.
Here you see it taking me to Cornell University’s Herbert Johnson Museum beside the Arts Quad of the university’s central campus in Ithaca.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- BCBarbara C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'10"5'11"Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoGraduation dress
I loved wearing this dress to my granddaughter’s high school graduation. I knew it would be in her “forever” photographs and I wanted her to look back and see her Nana in a beautiful, festive, sophisticated dress which conveyed the importance of this milestone in her life. Red for celebration. She is off to UCLA next year and we are all so proud of her.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- DSDana S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoMy favorite Zuri dress so far!
I absolutely love the deep red fabric. It is a cheerful print and I wear it everywhere. I love that it’s sleeveless so that I can wear it often in the summer I live in a place where temperatures reach over 100° I work as a hospital chaplain and the pockets are quite handy to carry the phone And other necessary items. It is a fun dress that I get many compliments when I wear it. You should add this to your collection.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SBSamantha B.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productHeight 5' And UnderSize Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoMystery Revelio!
I ordered a sleeveless mystery; I don't like patterns that are too big, and I don't normally gravitate towards red, but I've loved how this dress looks on me. The fit is perfect. My friend says the pattern reminds her a little bit like a ladybug.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2