This dress is magnetic!
Note: Louise is 5'5" and wears an M, Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
- Color notes: Black/dark navy background with grey/white swipes
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- AAlisonVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoEffortless style.
I probably wear this dress the most of all my Zuris. It is just so easy to wear and always looks good - with jeans, leggings, bare legs. I appreciate the neutral colors and artistic vibe.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- NCNicole C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoPainter
I LOVE this dress. I am an artist who paints and teaches so this beauty will be in high rotation as the new academic year gears up in September. At the opening of my partners' most recent exhibition I got LOT'S of compliments! Every time I share the link so I hope it results in more sales : )
bonus photo shows that Zuri goes great with a hardhat too!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- IIsabelleVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 weeks agoSo glad the Brushwork is back <3
For once I was able to travel all the way from Ottawa to NYC and visit the Bleecker St. store... to find out that the Brushwork dress I had been eyeing for so long was out of stock. What a delight to see it pop up again on the website! The Brushwork is beautiful and versatile. Super happy with my latest Zuri dress <3FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MRMargaret R F.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Age Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size LLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoI
I love every thing about it and think it is great for the fall. I tend to like the blues and greens but have recently moved to FL for the winter so might branch out to more color. I always get compliments on my dresses and give the shopping/ordering info to any who askFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- HHeadVerified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 4 stars3 months agofun elegance
like all my Zuri dresses, this is a great fit, easy to wear in so many contexts, and lovely, high quality fabric. My only quibble is, having bought online, the pictures on the website made it look like it would be indigo and white, whereas it's more dark grey/lighter grey so a bit more sombre than I had expected. Still, a gorgeous dress.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2