- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- MHMuriel H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Size Purchased XLUsual Size 1XRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoBEAUTIFULLY FISHED!!!
This shirt is so much Fun to wear, lots of compliments!!I always feel sooo Good wearing Zuris!!!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CGcatherine G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months agoLove it!
Love it! Love my Zuri’s - I always get compliments when I’m wearing them. 👏👏👏👏
Added a photo of my closet 🥰FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MKMary Kay G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased XLUsual Size XLRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoCompliments galore!
Every time I wear this shirt I get compliments. It’s so comfortable and easy to care for.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- KNKelly N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoComfortable, professional fit!
This is absolutely my favorite new shirt and favorite new print to wear to work. This style suits me very well; I wear a large usually but wear a medium so I get a sharp fit in the shoulders but have some relaxed room in the mid area. The geometric design feels more professional, but the personality of the fish and the vibrant colors lets me have my personality. I’m a loyal and years-long fan of Zuri dresses and shirts!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- MMartinaVerified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64Size Purchased MUsual Size MRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoZuri is terrific!
Do not hesitate to buy this shirt. The colours are beautiful, it's well made, and it has a great story. I've had "Belly Up" for about a month and worn it to work twice - it gets a lot of attention. This is my third purchase from Zuri. Communication, delivery time, care with packaging, craftsmanship - are all consistently excellent. Great work. Thank you Zuri.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2