- Textile design by artist Shadé Akanbi
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Color notes: Blue, red, coral, black, white
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Shadé Akanbi, who is based in Brooklyn, New York. She also designs exclusive products in collaboration with other artisans, locally and internationally, as well as special momentos collected throughout her travels; curated from local markets to international bazaars.
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- MLmadonna l.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 65+Size Purchased LUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoAbsolutely gorgeous on.
My husband of 45 years actually noticed this dress. What I love about this style dress is that it is all about the fabric! I feel like I am wearing art. People always smile when I catch their eye. I tell them the name and share your website widely. This style is modest but bold. My husband told me to get another one. I'm going to let him pick it out.FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JTJeffrey T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 65+Size Purchased SUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 months agoLove It
Looks great. Fits great.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SSSandy S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Age Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 3 stars5 months agoLove this print!
… but the color was a much darker than I expected from looking at the online image. I thought (hoped) that the color would be brighter, more like the background color on the “flamingos” pattern shown on the left side of my photo.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- SRSheila R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 months agoGather Around the Circle
I think it's time to show some love to a SLEEVELESS Zuri dress that shows its true colors! Circle Back does that and more, with a deep true red and accents in black, white and light blue. Sized the same as the sleeved dresses, the shoulders, armholes and bust are slightly larger than those of my other Zuri sleeveless numbers, Berry Nice and Square Inch. For those who have had trouble with sizing in the arms, this may be a solution. I usually iron my Zuris before wearing, but I put this one on right out of the bag, which tells you something!FitRated 1.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CBCynthia B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 2XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars5 months agoVersatile!
Love the deep red in this dress with new sizing (one down) that fits loose in all the right places. Great for dressing up or down with jeans… or as spirit wear for cheering on my favorite team.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2