- 100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary including the direction of the stripes
- Color notes: Rich purple, with lighter purple stripes
- Functional pockets
- Button fastening through front
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- LALauren A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 35 - 44Size Purchased MUsual Size SLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 weeks agoStunning color and pattern
Standout of a color and pattern, and I love the more organic nature of the batik style stripes. Wore it to my company dinner and it was perfect. Love the capacity of these dresses to look both casual and dressy- you’re never over or under dressed in a Zuri!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- SStephanieVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars2 months agoIt’s gorgeous!
This is my first Zuri dress and I couldn’t be more pleased with how beautiful it is. The piece I received has horizontal stripes on a very slight diagonal. I’m 5’6”, 160lbs and the medium is a perfect fit. The construction and attention to detail is impeccable and the fabric is as stunning in person as in the photos, really soft and smooth too even before wearing and washing which will help it relax even more. Can’t wait to step out in this!Was this helpful?
- SSariahI recommend this productRated 4 stars8 months agoVertical stripes
My 3rd Zuri dress - big fan. I absolutely love the dress but l feel like it’s different enough from the picture to deduct a star. The dress l received has vertical stripes - quite a different look from diagonal. I love this particular hand block type of fabric - each dress is one of a kind.Was this helpful?