Mod About You
100% cotton batik hand-dyed in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
- Notes: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design and colors on each shirt will vary
- Color Notes: purple and white
- Long sleeves with button fastening at bottom
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
- Carol is 5’5” and wears a XS
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- PLPatricia l.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoDream come true
Whenever I receive my purchase from Zuri, I tear off the packaging with the delight of a child at Christmas. There it is, the intense beautiful colour actually thrills me! I love the depth of the colour, the amazing patterns and prints, and the texture of Zuri clothing. I am a fabric artist and have been for 50 years. I know fabric and I know sewing. Zuri clothing is beautifully sewn. No hanging threads, buttons trying to get away, seams finished perfectly. Yes, my review is over the top, but so are my clothes ! Thanks to Zuri.FitRated 2.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- FMFiona M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased XLUsual Size XLRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoApproved!
Bramble approved! Love batiks & this purple shirt is great, easy to wear, comfy & fun!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- AHApril H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased LUsual Size LRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoA real stunner
I love wearing this with a crisp white shirt. I get so many compliments. It works well as a shirt or light jacket.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- EWElaine W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased LUsual Size MRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoTanzanite color batik print
Is it blue? Is it purple? It’s a little of both - I liken it to the shade of tanzanite gemstones. I don’t own a batik shirt yet so I purchased this one hoping I’d love it. I tried it on at the store and at home but it didn’t call me enough to keep it. I ended up exchanging it for a Zuri dress which I always wear more than the shirts. For shirts I wear a sz L for less pulling across the shoulders and more hip/butt coverage.
The batik fabrics always feel slightly rougher/more textured against my skin but this one is on the softer side.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- CPCarolyn P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased 1XUsual Size 2XRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoBeautiful!
This is my 4th garment from Zuri. I love the beautiful color and print. The shorter length is so versatile; it can be a shirt or a jacket. Recently I was reading an email from Zuri that explains the construction process. I was happy to see that the fabric is prewashed, so that there is no shrinking. This is how I sew for myself. Please keep bringing us more beautiful fabrics. Zuri garments make me feel happy. Please keep up the good work!FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2