100% cotton hand-blocked batik made in Ghana and stitched in Kenya
Note: this fabric is hand-blocked and dyed, so the design on each dress will vary
Color notes: Blue and white
Button fastening through front
Machine wash cold with like colors
Fits true to size, take your normal size
Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
- Nikki is 5’4 and wears an M
- Jaz is 5'5 and wears an XL
Not sure about your size? Check out our sizing guide!
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
We're so proud to be working with Edwina and her cooperative of batik dyers in Accra, Ghana, to make these prints! Learn more about these fabrics here!
In order to create a batik fabric, recycled wax is melted and applied to the fabric using a stamped pattern. Edwina carves each stamped design herself in foam, which is easier to repurpose and work with than wood. Together with several women in Accra, Ghana, Edwina and her team always create designs that play on both pattern and layered color in a truly original way. Since we began working together in 2018, we've produced over 40 unique textiles together, keeping them in continuous production since we started. We're so honored to share this collaboration with Edwina and her team!
- WSWendie S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productSize Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars5 days agoAn editor’s dream
This batik is a lovely deep blue, perfect for dreaming of the ocean while copy editing.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JRJody R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'9"Size Purchased MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoDeep Blue Perfection
I love this dress! I ordered Press Play and Parentheses and I’m so glad I did. This one is my favorite of the two.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- JKJacinta K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'1"Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoThe batik Zuris are 100% delightful!
Every time I get a new batik Zuri, I kick myself for not buying one in every single pattern. They’re so soft and comfortable, and they hang beautifully. Parentheses is a phenomenal pattern that is versatile and a gorgeous shade of cobalt blue.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- ABApril B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Size Purchased 3XUsual Size 3XLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoMy Parentheses Dress Left an Exclamation Point Impact
Everywhere I went in this dress I got so many complements. I love that it has so much give.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2
- DCDenise C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Size Purchased LLength Purchased LongRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoJoyful Jewel
Zuri dresses have become my creative must wear outfit, and this beautiful, joyful jewel-blue piece is the perfect addition to my Zuri collection. I love the long length for this.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2