- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- BGBarbara G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars9 seconds agoPodcast
I love the fabric, the fit, and the quick shipping.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- KSKathleen S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'10"5'11"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 1XUsual Size 1XLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars1 week agoWearing it now!
creative pattern/print with bright vibrant colors.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- CACarol A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 65+Size Purchased 2XUsual Size 2XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 weeks agoA joy to wear!
I so hate shopping! That means if I will ever replace my dated wardrobe (I’ve literally worn my favorites to a frazzle!), I must shop online.
This, as you know, requires trying companies, rejecting same, trying again and yet again.
Whew. I’ve finally found a line that is as good as it seems! The fit is lovely, the material is vibrant and gorgeous and i believe it will alt for years! I’ve already figured out several ways to wear. So far, I’ve figured out 4 looks.
My only wish is that there were more hot weather dresses in vibrant colors…. I appreciate your sourcing of materials but an old broad can dream!
This won’t be my last purchase and I’m telling my friends. Really.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- CECarol E S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'4"Age Range 65+Size Purchased MUsual Size MLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars3 weeks agoGreat Gift
I sent Podcast to my Aunt for her birthday. She loved the surprise and LOVES Podcast! She was quite a traveler earlier in life and she enjoyed Kenya, so to get such a beautiful print brought her many smiles. She loves the print, fabric and everything about her dress. She is styling and stepping high at 94.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- ACAnne C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 55 - 64Size Purchased 3XUsual Size 3XLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoLove these dresses
Absolutely gorgeousFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?