- Textile design by artist Lulu Kitololo
- 100% cotton kitenge, 100% woven and printed in Kenya
- Button fastening through front
- Hidden pockets
- Machine wash cold with like colors
- Fits true to size, take your normal size
- Airy fit, cut to be worn loose and stand away from the body
- Mid-weight, non-stretchy fabric
These textiles are a part of our 100% Made in Kenya collection and were printed in Kenya on Kenyan grown cotton. The print was designed by Lulu Kitololo. A few words from Lulu: "I’m incredibly thrilled to see my work on fabric and for it to be such an intimate part of the lives of those who wear it. I’ve always wanted to explore my work on textiles and I’m excited to be doing this with a brand whose ethos and spirit is so aligned with mine."
Something not quite right? Returns or exchanges are on us, no questions asked, within 30 days for all orders within the US.
Plus, we're always available to help! Send us an email with any questions, comments, or thoughts that float by and we'll respond within 24 hours!
Meet our production partner, SOKO Kenya! Based in Kikambala on the Kenyan coast, they are an ethical manufacturer that truly embraces a fair, kind and transparent work culture. In addition to paying above living wages, SOKO provides employees with paid leave and stipends for family emergencies, free pre-primary childcare for all employees with children from ages 2-4, daily mid-morning tea and midday lunch, and clear, outlined processes for job advancement. These values extend to the workspace itself, which is open, airy and bright. It’s truly a privilege to work with the SOKO team, and we invite you to learn more about the stitching process here!
When we say 100% Made in Kenya, we really mean it! Made from cotton grown in western Kenya and designed, printed and stitched outside of Nairobi, it doesn't get more local than this! We’re so proud to be part of an ecosystem supporting and advocating for Kenyan agriculture and manufacturing. Learn more about these fabrics are made here!
The ecosystem for rotary printed fabrics is complex and truly global. While it's rare to see a rotary printed textile produced in a closed-circuit, farm-to-shop supply chain, the fabrics we're producing are verifiably 100% made in Kenya. Not just traceable, but local. Not just identifiable, but ethical and accountable.
Our production impacts hundreds of smallholder farmers and their families each year. It impacts young Kenyan artists whose voices and work may now have a slightly bigger audience (and fan club:) ). It impacts the Kenyan textile manufacturing industry, which for years has been out-competed in the local market by imported fabrics. Finally, it impacts you, because you can know that your dress was made ethically, honestly, and with pride.
- DVDanielle V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'7"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased 1XUsual Size XLLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars2 weeks agoOne of my favourite happy Zuri’s
This is so fresh and light, it makes me feel happier to wear it. I bought this a little bigger and in long for ease and comfort - it’s not as fitted and I can move around my classroom with more confidence that I’m not flashing my knickers. Although my husband says they’re fall colours, I see the spring and summer in this dress! In long dresses I fold the cuffs up once btw. The fabric is lighter with a teensy bit of stretch - great for those bloated days 🤦♀️FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- AMAnneline M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'5"Age Range 45 - 54Size Purchased MUsual Size LRated 5 stars3 weeks agoPerfect fit
lovely dress, beautiful colors, perfect fitFitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- ASAnya Schafer Van H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'3"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased StandardRated 5 stars1 month agoStunning and beautifully made
Beautiful absolutely beautiful. Sent to my mother for a surprise gift. Very well made garment. It made her so happy.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- KBkathryn b.Verified BuyerI do not recommend this productHeight 5'2"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XSUsual Size XSLength Purchased StandardRated 1 stars2 months agoMeh
this is my second Zuri. the first is wonderful. this fabric is not nearly as heavy and not nearly as nice, so it looks limp and tired. the print is beautiful.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?
- BGBarbara G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productHeight 5'8"Age Range 65+Size Purchased XLUsual Size XLLength Purchased LongRated 5 stars2 months agoPodcast
I love the fabric, the fit, and the quick shipping.FitRated 0.0 on a scale of minus 2 to 2Was this helpful?